Welcome to the homepage for the Miniconference on Metrical Structure
On 15, 16 and 17 April 2014, the Utrecht Institute of Linguistics OTS will host a mini-conference on metrical structure, its acquisition, and its use in language processing. The conference aims to give an overview of experimental and theoretical work on knowledge of metrical structure, with emphasis on its acquisition and its role in language processing. The results of a four-year research project (started in 2010) on the use of metrical cues in speech segmentation will be presented, as well as seminal work in the field and recent experimental and theoretical work.
Tom Lentz (co-ordinator)
Sandrien van Ommen
Abstract submission deadline extended
Abstracts will be accepted up to the 7th of October. For details, please see below.
Registration will open on the 1st of October.
Call for abstracts
We welcome proposals for 30 minute presentations and/or poster presentations. An additional page may be used for references and figures. Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously by the organisers. Submit an abstract of one page (font size not smaller than 10) not later than the 7th of October 2013 via EasyAbs on LinguistList.
4 July 2013
- Eugene Buckley (University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia)
- Anne Cutler (University of Western Sydney)
- Barış Kabak (University of Würzburg) (tbc)
- Thierry Nazzi (Laboratoire Psychologie de la Perception, Paris)
- Marina Nespor (SISSA, Trieste)
- Sharon Peperkamp (Laboratoire de Sciences Cognitives et Psycholinguistique, Paris)
If you have questions, please contact us: t dot o dot lentz at uu dot nl.